The maker’s of Avaira Toric recommend that you stop wearing these lenses immediately if you experience any discomfort, dryness, pain, or visual distortion. The recall was initated because of the unintended presence of residue on certain lots of Avaira Toric lenses. This could cause temporary hazy vision and discomfort. The recall has impacted approximately 600,000 Avaira Toric lenses in the United States. CooperVision has made an attempt to correct this issue by:
- Sending out recall notifications to more than 9,000 Avaira Toric customers
- Contacting more than 7,000 U.S. eye care practitioners
- Issued a press release via Globe Newswire
- Included information on their website
- Instructed distributors to send back their in-office supplies
If you are experiencing symptoms or curious if your lenses are affected by the recall, CooperVision recommends that you go to their website (coopervision.com/recall) and enter the lot number of your packaging. You can also call toll-free 1-855-526-6737.